2 Positions Available
System Administrator for Columbia, MD
System Administrator for Salem, NH
Administer, support, and troubleshoot an Active Directory domain in a hybrid environment of on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure and its supporting technology components
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following; other duties may be assigned as needed.
- VMWare infrastructure management as well as host and virtual machine administration.
- Proactive monitoring, maintenance and backup of servers and related connectivity equipment.
- Local Active Directory/Azure AD administration.
- Exchange on-prem and O365/Exchange online administration.
- Sharepoint administration.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory ensuring all software is up to date and patched.
- Verifying the implementation of delegated aspects of the system security program.
- Conduct periodic assessments of authorized systems and providing the ISSM with corrective actions for all identified findings and vulnerabilities.
- Ensuring audit records are collected and analyzed in accordance with the security plan.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
4-7 years related experience and/or training. Must have a solid background in Microsoft server/client operating systems, domain administration, Active Directory, Exchange Server administration (on-prem and cloud), and VMWare. A background in other Microsoft and vendor applications is also desirable. Knowledge of routing, switches, firewalls and other network devices is helpful.
A+, Net +, MCP, MSCE, MCITP, VCP, etc.
Server / Networking Skills:
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 Operating Systems
- Server setup, config and migration
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, Exchange Online
- VMWare, vSphere, vCenter
- Microsoft PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Backup/Restore procedures
- PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory
- Jira and Confluence
- Basic network troubleshooting
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate well with other employees both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as individually.
- Be resourceful with various technical tools to resolve complex IT issues.