The Payroll Administrator will report to the Finance department and perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks, including payroll. This position will also support the Sales Department by creating order entries as well as other financial reports.
The payroll process consists of weekly payroll and maintenance of employee time records. Duties/responsibilities include:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Prepares paperwork to give to Accounts Payable to issue, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Ensures consistent application of payroll practices in conjunction with API policies that reflect compliance with State and Federal labor laws, works closely with the HR department.
Sales Order Entry
- Print out and file sales orders and contract documents
- Enter all sales orders from E-Forms into 4th Shift
- Enter in all new Customer information into 4th Shift
- Scan all corresponding documentation to the customer’s ID
Other Administrative Duties/Responsibilities
- Generates booking to include the backlog report data that is provided to Executive Leadership, Accounting and Sales teams
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software. ADP experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. This position requires interaction with various departments and levels of staff.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of experience in payroll preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in an administrative role preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
US Citizenship required for most positions. EOE/AA, M/F/D/V. Please send resumes and salary history to Advanced Programs, Inc. 7125 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046 to the attention of Human Resources or email to email@example.com