Systems Administrator (Windows Server/Exchange Admin Experience REQUIRED) - Columbia, Maryland
Administer, support, and troubleshoot the hardware and software that comprises our corporate and secure networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of all servers, backups, and network equipment.
- General system administration of all servers and network devices.
- Support LANs, WAN, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintains user accounts, e-mail addressing, and access permissions per IT department policies.
- Maintains an updated inventory of all IT hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate end user issues in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and recommend new hardware and software as needed.
- Maintains documentation and checklists for IT procedures for all IT resources.
- Administers servers, laptops, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, and phones.
- Manages existing group policy and recommends necessary changes to policies.
- Performs SQL administration as well as construct complex SQL queries as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Oral Communication: Listens and gets clarification, ability to speak to end users with varied level of technical acumen.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively.
- Organizational Support: Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgement: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation: A self-starter, sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing: A self-starter, sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Dependability: Takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments. Reports to work on time; willing to work beyond normal hours if the task requires.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
Five - seven years related experience and/or training. Applicant shall have a solid background in Microsoft server/client operating systems, domain administration, Active Directory, Exchange Server administration, and Microsoft Office suites. Other Microsoft and vendor applications are also desirable. Strong knowledge of network routers, switches, firewalls, SPAM / Web filters is required.
- Desired Certifications:
A+, Net +, Security +, MCP, MSCE (MCITP), CCNA, CCNP, etc.
- Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and operating / maintenance instructions, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical Skills:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer / Server Skills:
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 Operating Systems
- Server Migration
- Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 2013, 2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016
- Microsoft IIS 6.0
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Windows imaging
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Networking / Hardware skills:
- Cisco firewalls, switches, and access points
- DNS, DHCP
- Network / packet monitoring and tracking
- VLANs and Subnets
- Barracuda WSG, ESG, VPN, Backup server
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate well with other employees both verbally and in writing.
- Exercise patience with employees who may require additional training or assistance with computer hardware, software, and general IT concepts.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as individually.
- Be resourceful with various technical tools to resolve complex IT issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
US Citizenship required for most positions. EOE/AA, M/F/D/V. Please send resumes and salary history to Advanced Programs, Inc. 7125 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046 to the attention of Human Resources or email to firstname.lastname@example.org