Staff Accountant in Columbia Maryland
Please note that the position is PART-TIME.
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR GENERAL ACCOUNTING include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a computerized financial reporting system and compiles financial data
- Performs Accounts Receivable job functions to include: processing of invoices in a timely manner, research and investigate non-payments or invoice problems, determine customer credit status, call customers for collection, make bank deposits, apply cash into A/R system, maintain cash receipt register, and reconcile A/R balance to General Ledger.
- Participates in the posting, balancing, analysis and reconciliation of the general ledger and subsidiary accounts
- Coordinates monthly closing and production of financial statements to guarantee timely reporting
- Ensures accurate and timely submission of monthly and year-end financial reporting packages
- Ensures reconciliation and maintenance of all major general ledger accounts
- Maintains records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material
- Assists in preparation of forecasts
- Assists in preparation of annual budgets
- Compiles financial data for income tax requirements
- Assists outside auditors at year-end to include preparing schedules, providing explanation of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data
- In the Accounting Manager's absence, responds to phone calls and meets with other company personnel to resolve problems of an immediate nature
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR COST ACCOUNTING include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and reviews income/expense analysis
- Updates all standard costs
- Reviews and analyzes variances
- Assists in auditing and costing of inventories
- Performs and directs special projects as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional educational/experience requirements:
- Knowledge of computerized account systems
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to work with detail and accuracy
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
US Citizenship required for most positions. EOE/AA, M/F/D/V. Please send resumes and salary history to Advanced Programs, Inc. 7125 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046 to the attention of Human Resources or email to email@example.com