Senior Customer Service Technician - Salem, NH
Repairs customer equipment, i.e., O.E.M. and value-added products; records details of repairs; parts replaced; serial numbers; customer concerns; arranges for shipping and transportation of customer equipment. Provides technical training of company built equipment to customers both onsite and at customer’s locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bench repair of electronic assemblies or equipment from customers by inspecting malfunctioning or damaged products to determine nature, source, and scope of problem.
- Determines parts and equipment required for service call.
- Provides local on-site and remote technical assistance.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, quality control, customer service, and other personnel.
- Arranges for transportation of parts and equipment to customer's location for installation or from customer's location to shop for repairs that cannot be performed on premises.
- Keeps records of work hours, parts utilized, and work performed for each service call. Keeps RMA database up-to-date by entering details of repairs in RMA database. Additionally, enters details of repairs performed by customer technicians.
- Contact service personnel over email or telephone to obtain or give information and directions regarding service or installation activities
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities to repair, deliver, and/or pick up equipment may be required. Travel to include both foreign and domestic locations.
- Certify and maintain OEM repair certifications (i.e. Dell, Wyse, HP, Cisco, etc.) as required.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Responsible for creating and writing various types of user and service documentation, including how-to guides, references, service manuals or instructions.
- Prepare and conduct technical classroom training using computer-aided media and hands-on approach to customers. Training sessions may require travel to customer sites including overseas locations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college/university preferred; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Military background is a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent customer service skills to communicate effectively with customers who have malfunctioning equipment.
- Must have 5+ years experience servicing, maintaining, configuring, and/or assembling complex electronic devices, including computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners, phones and networking devices.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows, Linux and TCP/IP.
- Must be familiar with network security concepts and practices.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance with COMSEC briefing.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be prepared to demonstrate during interview.
- Must be familiar with use of Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be a motivated self-starter, requiring minimal supervision, resourceful, and decisive.
- Must have ability to work independently and adjust to conflicting or competing requirements.
- Have an understanding of electrical circuit schematics.
- Ability to read mechanical print sets.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain US passport.
- Must be willing and able to spend 15%+ time traveling in foreign countries and US on all 6 inhabited continents.
- Must be comfortable speaking/presenting in front of various size audiences.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS (PREFERRED):
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express skills a plus
- Technical experience servicing various electronics including copiers, printers, video conferencing systems, networking devices and VOIP telephones.
- TEMPEST testing, design, or maintenance experience.
- Active duty military experience.
US Citizenship required for most positions. EOE/AA, M/F/D/V. Please send resumes and salary history to Advanced Programs, Inc. 7125 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046 to the attention of Human Resources or email to firstname.lastname@example.org