Account Manager - Columbia, Maryland
Advanced Programs, Inc., a leader in the design, sales, and manufacture of TEMPEST equipment, has an excellent
employment opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a comprehensive background in selling IT products
to the US intelligence community. The ideal candidate will hold a college degree, have 3+ years of technical sales
experience, and a proven track record that demonstrates the ability to cultivate customers and build long term
relationships. Candidate must hold an active security clearance. If you are a goal oriented team player, we
encourage you to apply. API provides an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes multiple
insurance programs, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. EOE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Develops and executes sales plans congruent with corporate objectives.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Provides product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Prepares reports of business transactions.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Creates and submits forecasts and territory reports in a timely manner.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Travels to and attends trade shows.
- Regularly attends meetings and functions at company office in Columbia, MD.
Occasional overnight travel is expected. Regular local travel is required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. /B.A) or equivalent.
- Experience successfully selling IT products (3+ years).
US Citizenship required for most positions. EOE/AA, M/F/D/V. Please send resumes and salary history to Advanced Programs, Inc. 7125 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046 to the attention of Human Resources or email to firstname.lastname@example.org